I have been debating between Russian and Arabic, but I think that I have more Russian resources at home. Therefore, without going out and bankrupting myself to buy the necessary equipment, I chose Russian out of convenience. We shall see how this goes.
I will be posting videos of my progress, so I hope that any readers would be willing to watch those. I will have to post them to my Youtube Channel, so hopefully that goes easily.
Again, here's what I need to do the challenge
• Coursebook in the target language (“Teach yourself Chinese,” etc.)
• Grammar book for the target language
• Dictionary for the target language
• Phrase book for the target language (Both Farber and Hawke recommend Berlitz)
• Blank 3x5 cards
• Language CD/MP3’s
• A Quick Reference sheet
• Newspaper or Magazine
• Interactive Computer programs to do instead of computer games
• Movies and music in the target language
• Highlighter pens
Here's what my week study will consist of
|Week 1||Grammar (5), Vocab (30), Listen (30m)||Speak (40m), Vocab (30), Review Grammar||Listen (30m), Review Vocab (60), Review Grammar||Grammar (5), Vocab (30), Speak (40m)||Grammar (5), Vocab (30), Listen (30m)||Speak (40m), Vocab (30), Review Grammar||REVIEW|
That should help things along quite nicely. It means, though, that the 30 day language challenge will draw out to a 180 challenge (6 months) to go from NOTHING to EXPERT. However, at the end of 30 days, I should be able to go from NOTHING to INTERMEDIATE.