Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 6 - July 6th. REVIEW

Well, today is my first review day. I discovered I'm about about 50 words behind, which is about what I thought earlier in the week. I have to make up for it by doing an extra 10 words a day throughout next week. It's a process, but I hope to get there by continuous effort.

I've found that I will listen Russian TV or radio shows whenever I just have some time, like in the car or at the gym. It's been pretty good. I also find myself doing the Pimsleur language lessons whenever I'm sitting around or walking places. I'm actually ahead on the speaking and listening portions of the study, which I hope will be a good thing for  me. I need more vocab and grammar though.

Grammar is getting me. The genders of words is the bane of my existence, which is pretty much what I thought it was going to be. No surprise there then. I'm actually surprised at some of the things that I do understand, but I'm having problems with a basic sentence. The Penguin books assume that I already know the base structure for a sentence in Russian, which the Pimsleur audio confuses every now and then. Sometimes "A little" comes before the verb, sometimes it comes after.

Well, that is all. Good luck with your studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment