Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 8 - July 8th вы знаете русский?

Как вы поживаете? I'm am learning to say all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately, it's a whole lot of gibberish. I talked to a friend of mine today who cleared up some stuff about the русский язык, like the fact that you will never get used to the genders of words. He also pointed out that there are so many declination of words, that it's hard to pinpoint their root.

Awesome. Imagine me, like Garfield, looking at you right now. Actually, lets do grumpy cat. Let's do a Russian grumpy cat. Let's do an angry, Russian grumpy cat with tanks and planes.. Let's do an angry, grumpy Russian grumpy cat with tanks and planes and a flag. And maybe a huge "NYET". GOOGLE AWAY!
FOUND! I love the internet sometimes.

Anyway, I have a lot to study. And I tore my first vocab card on my makeshift card ring. Awesome. Well, I guess I have to remake it. Today has been a downward swing for the motivation. I know that I have to push through and get over it.

Maybe I should have listened to more Russian TV today. I did more hanging out with friends. Social life is a hindrance. Maybe I should start hanging out in places around Portland where the Russians hang out... like places that sell vodka.

Just kidding. Please don't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment