Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 12 saya tidak menyulut rokok, tapi temanku perokok

So, 12 days into my 30 day language challenge. I'm not quite halfway, but I'm far above what I was expecting in terms of vocabulary and grammar. Even though I'm tired, Today's lesson was edifying and I'm definitely rededicated to studying this language. I still need to memorize more phrases, but otherwise things are going well, and it's definitely turning out that 30 days is enough time to learn a language, especially if you put your mind to it.

Here's the rules for Day 12:

1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 14 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your Phrasebook and begin studying phrases.
6.       Find your Language Audio files do lesson 7.
7.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
8.       Study flashcards before going to bed

Remember, this is the general time breakdown for each study session

60 minute study block plan
15 minutes
Read 1 chapter of your course book
10 minutes
Read newspaper (magazine) and highlight
15 minutes
Learn 15 new nouns and supporting words
10 minutes
Learn at least 1 major grammar rule
5 minutes
Study 5 new verbs and conjugations
5 minutes
Study new phrases from your phrase book

So, at this point in time, I'm starting to learn a base number of 42 vocabulary per lesson. Today I had that many and a bunch of grammatical changes that one could make to words to make them into different words, like the suffix se-. It was a complicated grammar rule and I'm thinking I'll have to cover it again in the future, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting it.

The reading in the coursebook are getting harder, or maybe it was my lack of focus because of a serious amount of stress coming down from PSU. Either way, I think I'm gonna have to step up my game. I'm rewriting a couple of vocabulary cards to start getting things down a little better, however, the audio files are starting to make up for the lost times.

Remember rules number 1 and 2 and you can definitely do it. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment