Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 17 mungkin kalau saya akan makan di indonesia restoran, saya bisa berbahasa indonesia

So today was a busy day, what with having to work from 2pm to 10pm (dari jam dua ke jam sepuluh). However, I was able to study and to go over some of the flashcards and even get through the audio files. Somehow, supposing all goes well, I'll be able to get this post out in time to be on the right day.

Here's the rules for day 17:

1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 18 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your phrasebook (Or idiom book) and begin memorizing necessary phrases.
6.       Find your Language Audio files and do lesson 11.
7.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
8.       Study flashcards before going to bed

Well, as far as my newspaper article went, it seems that the price of Rice in Central Kalimantan has remained steady, despite the lack of foreign imported rice. The reason? The government has a stockpile that can supply the area for the next 6 months. This is great. Constant few and reasonable prices.

My chapter was a little bit of a challenge today. Today it was all about passive voice. That's a little complicated, but having studied languages before, I'm fully aware of how and what a passive sentence does. So it was merely a matter of figuring out the specifics in Indonesian. I think I get it though, even if poor Joel had to be interviewed in the process (these are the characters of the Coursebook).

Actually, my biggest challenge today was the audio file. Apparently I had an set for lessons 1-10 as I did 11, which I recently downloaded through iTunes and Audible.com, so there were some words I didn't know that I was expected to, like mungkin. It means "Maybe." Maybe I'm a Mung kin, Maybe I'm not. That was my memory tool. I figured it out though. I had to do the audiofile twice to complete it, which was a first, but I'm not ashamed. 11 days ago, I found "Saya bisa bicara bahasa indonesia" to be hard, so when I'm saying, "Kalau begitu bapak mau minum sesuatu dengan kami jam sembilan di tempat saya malam ini?" 11 days later, I have no qualms with repeating a lesson.

Things are coming together well my friends. Coming together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment