Friday, July 6, 2012

Days 4 & 5 saya sedang memikir bahasa indonesia

Okay, so I'm posting these two days together because the transit from Portland Oregon to Washington DC for the National Convention of my Fraternity made it nigh on impossible to be able to post. As it stands, I'm typing all this at 245am Eastern Time, but still 1145 PST, which makes it still day 5 according to blogspot. The flight and transfers, the metro and the buses, just to get here, was terrible, but that's another story for a different time. Here's the rules for days 4 and 5.


Day 4
1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and start with the first story.
2.       Begin trying to read the story and highlight all the words you don't know in the first paragraph. Write all those words down in your notebook under the category "Newspaper" (Or magazine). Continue to advance to the second paragraph
3.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 7 of your course book.
4.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
5.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
6.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
7.       Study flashcards before going to bed

Day 5
1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 8 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your Phrasebook. Open it and find the "Greetings", "basic phrases" or "Emergency" section and begin memorizing the phrases like "How are you?" or "I need help."
6.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
7.       Study flashcards before going to bed

So, I studied my note cards, but I never went to bed. Actually, this is like the 36th hour since I last slept, so it was hard to study them before bed. But I know I covered another 40 or so vocabulary in the transit.

The news article I picked comes from the Kompas newspaper and seems to be about a student who was murdered in a hotel. It's been a rough process getting through the paragraphs, especially while traveling, but I have made it through 3 paragraphs. They are beginning to get faster.

As for the chapters, I learned 80 new vocabulary words, 4 new grammar principles. That was an incredible rough time. However, I am formulating every sentence I  hear said. It has been going well.

I have to sleep now, and I hope that I'm still ontime for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment