Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 23 saya bisa berbicara bahasa indonesia, tapi sebenarnya bicara bahasa indonesia tersulit sekali

Today I was working for most of the day, but I managed to finally get time to start studying after I got off work. I spent an hour and some change reading over the different affixes. I'm not sure I grasp them completely, but I do now understand how they work. I think that I'm going to have to work with them alot more before I'm going to be able to create decent sentences from scratch. I'm trying pretty hard to do it, and I get the process will be a marathon, not a sprint.

Here's the rules for Day 23:
1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 23 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your phrasebook (Or idiom book) and begin memorizing necessary phrases.
6.       Find your Language Audio files and do lesson 16.
7.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
8.       Study flashcards before going to bed

Like I said, today was a little bit more of a review than I wanted, but I'm getting a decent handle on the affixes. I understand that, like English, there's no hard, fast rules for these things, so it's merely a matter of getting over it.

As far as new articles, it seems that accidents have been going out of control despite having new enforcement of rules in Jakarta. I think that traffic will likely be a problem in Indonesia for a long time, just as it is in Korea and the United States. I'm not sure how they can handle that. But, as far as the language went, there were quite a few words in this section of reading, it was a little too difficult for me.

However, Chapter 23 was significantly easier now that I spent a portion of my study time just cover the affixes. Today's lesson covered the -an suffix, which is apparently used (in most cases) the way that you take an Indonesian verb and turn it into noun (like to train => training). This was easier to understand because I had just read the explanation. So, it looks like things are going well.

I do need to remotivate myself for the home stretch. Only one week left and now I need to prove whether or not this can be done. These last 7 days will make or break whether or not I can actually say that a person can learn a foreign language in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment