Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 26 Cicak! saya mau cicak hari ini

So today, I woke up and studied Indonesian early again. This is working out alot better than I thought. Yeah, I know I hate getting up before noon, but I also hate going to bed before 2am, and that seems to be happening anyway, so I'm going with it. This new momentum to study has helped motivate me and get things going for the last week of my study. I have 4 days, and the question I must ask myself is "Have I learned Indonesian." More on that in later posts. For now...

And here's Day 26:

1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 26 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your phrasebook (Or idiom book) and begin memorizing necessary phrases.
6.       Find your Language Audio files and do lesson 19.
7.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
8.       Study flashcards before going to bed

So, I'm still behind on my audio files, but I did 16 today. I'm going to try to do 17 (which I know is against the pimsleur rules) by the end of the day so as to be able to be closer to my goal and also so that I can do one on review day and hopefully catch up. The audio files are getting more difficult, not because I don't know what they are asking, but because the time between question and answer is about half what it used to be. I noticed that yesterday and timed it and they really did shorten the time. I now understand why I feel like I backpedaled.

The news article today was on gambling during Ramadan. I didn't realize it was Ramadan, which was the first thing I found out, but the next thing I found out is that apparently its illegal to gamble during Ramadan, which the Indonesian police enforced. That was the most interesting part of the article, that the government enforces religious rules.

But today's lesson from the chapter only contained 64 new words and had one grammar principle "which/that". I was more interested in the topic of the lesson, which was "Cicak" or "wall lizards." Apparently people in Indonesia commonly have lizards that climb their walls at night and go after bugs. How cool is that? I want a wall lizard to eat all the bugs in the Fraternity House. We could name it "Delty" and make sure that all the bugs are gone. Perfect right? With would be a "Phi-ter."

Anyway, I'm beginning to like Indonesian again. Too bad it came at the end of the month. I guess that would make an interesting graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment