Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 15 saya mau bicara tentang ajakan 30 hari bahasa

Another day passed and I had yet more vocabulary. It's starting to get ridiculous but I have to keep holding strong. I'm beginning to find some flaws in this 30 day plan, but I think it's mostly problems with the textbook rather than problems with the system itself. I'm not sure how I'll be able to study all 120 of today's vocabulary from the coursebook, but I will try. I'm up to over 300 I still need to try to learn.

Here's the rules for today.
1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 16 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your phrasebook (Or idiom book) and begin memorizing necessary phrases.
6.       Find your Language Audio files and do lesson 9.
7.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
8.       Study flashcards before going to bed

The article I read was about a 15 year old in a motorcycle accident outside the University of Defense in central Jakarta. Apparently he died after his motorcycle crashed because he was riding drowsy. Not a good way to ride my friend, not a good way indeed. Keeping up with the news via these daily reading assignments provided by Kompas kabar is actually pretty cool. I get the unique opportunity to know what's happening in Indonesia while learning the language. It's sad that I accidentally picked an article about the death of a 15 year old kid. I feel sorry for his family.

Working in the coursebook was a little complicated today and took me almost an hour just because there were 120 vocabulary words and the grammar was on the mem- and memper- prefixes and the -kan and -i suffixes. I'm not sure I understand very well, but I get that these indicate different kinds of transitive verbs and their level of action, such as causative, but it wasn't a thorough explanation, so I was scratching my head alot of the time. If there was some kind of chart that had a couple of base verbs and then had all the possible prefixes and suffixes and combos on it, I think I would understand alot better.

All-in-all, I think I'm coming along quite well. I'm debating making a short video for youtube and for here of me speaking Indonesia and explaining the program. I think it would make the blog more clear.

Otherwise, study well, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment