Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 18 Berapa Saya harus bayar agar mengarti terbahasa indonesia?

So, I'm getting to the point where I wish I could just fork over the right amount of cash to have this system complete. I'm really liking the study, it's just beginning to interfere with my normal life, my hanging out with friends, etc. I mean, consider that I have to study at least 1 hour for the news article and the coursebook, but then you have the hidden time, etc. Plus, if my abilities to keep up with the Pimsleur audio continue to suck this much, I'm gonna have to go over the audio lessons multiple times a day, which takes time. I guess its a matter of time, not motivation, because I continue to go strong.

Before I get too far along, here's the rules for day 18:
1.       Open your newspaper or magazine and continue where you left off, highlighting and reading.
2.       After 10 minutes with the newspaper, read Chapter 19 of your course book.
3.       Write in your notebook all the vocabulary from that chapter
4.       Write on the flashcards all the vocabulary from that chapter and the newspaper
5.       Find your phrasebook (Or idiom book) and begin memorizing necessary phrases.
6.       Find your Language Audio files and do lesson 12.
7.       Utilize hidden time to study flashcards
8.       Study flashcards before going to bed

Having switched from my previously obtained Pimsleur audio files and the Audible.com files, I was having trouble with words I hadn't heard before. One concept standing out was the concept of 2 verbs back to back. I still need to learn that because it sounds like there's something in between and I'm not quite catching it. I've been trying to figure it out, but it's probably just a verb form I never learned. This meant I had to do the audio lesson 3 times today. I finally began to get the hang of it. Numbers are starting to become my friends.

In other news, the news stated that the government and ITB (an institution in Indonesia) are going to be teaming up with Koreans to produce Cyber Security Experts. I'm getting the feeling that Indonesia has a very week Cyber Structure. So, it seems we have the first of the Indonesian "Net Force." (My Clancy-fan friends are excited).

But the lesson I learned today was on requests, commands, orders, and prohibitions. It was an interesting lesson that refers back to the concepts of passive and active verbs, which I'm still a little fuzzy on, but I was excited that there were only 36 new vocabulary words this chapter. Not a problem at all. So, now I know that "Silakan duduk di sini" means "Please sit here."

I hope your studies are coming along as well as mine are.

No comments:

Post a Comment